I wrote a glowing review about eating in Aziz recently so today I decided to try out their new takeaway delivery service (I usually have takeaways from *another Cowley Road Indian restaurant*, which are gorgeous). I liked the fact that I could pay Aziz online as I didn't have much cash on me, and *the other restaurant* didn't offer this. However:
1. *My usual favourite* do free delivery. I had to pay Aziz £5 to deliver because my order didn't reach the (rather high, I thought) minimum.
2. When I order from *my usual favourite*, they tell me the estimated time of arrival and always beat it - usually delivering within 30 mins, sometimes 20. After placing my online order with Aziz, I had an email confirmation but no estimate of when it might arrive. After an hour and a half of waiting, I was starting to wonder if there had been a glitch. I called the restaurant and after 6 rings, nobody answered. I decided to wait and hope.
3. When *my usual favourite* deliver, the food is always still hot when it arrives. The food from Aziz was cold. I had to reheat it all in the microwave. My naan was like floppy cardboard. The food tasted good but it was off-putting to have a mouthful of cold curry.
4. When *my usual favourite* deliver, they give you a couple of free poppadoms, two yummy dips, and a salad. With Aziz, I got two hand towels.
5. The portions from *my usual favourite* are big enough that the food stretches to two dinners for me. The Aziz was only just enough for one meal, and I'm a small eater.
So overall, this cost me a lot more than *my usual favourite*, took more than three times longer to arrive, was cold, the portions were smaller and there were no freebies. Consequently I can't recommend them for home delivery at the current time.