Besides the usual High Street chains, Oxford has a wealth of quality independent restaurants, much-loved watering holes and legendary kebab vans - if you know where to look. Browse our lists of eateries, pubs, and local food guides to find out what's on offer.
Where to eat?
A comprehensive, searchable guide to places to eat in Oxford. Nearly all have been reviewed at some time or other, so you can be sure that you'll get good value for money. We also have online menus for many, so you can plan your meal in advance.
Many pubs around Oxford also offer excellent food. Have a look here at Oxford pubs and bars, and do a search, if you wish, for dog-friendly pubs, with gardens, real ales and real fires - or, if it's your thing, bars with cocktails, sofas and live music.
Oxford is blessed with a number of life-enhancing Kebab vans, which our reviewers have risked life and limb to try out. Where to go, what to avoid, and who does the best Chips & Cheese: all of the answers are here.
In case you feel the need for a pizza at midnight.
Where to buy?
- Farmers’ Markets – Oxford is singularly blessed by a profusion of farmers’ markets. Read market shoppers’ experiences on Daily Info’s Guide.
- Food Shopping in Oxford – includes lists of bakers, Delis, Supermarkets and providers of speciality foodstuffs in Oxford. Also includes details of local Organic Vegetable Box delivery schemes.
- Oxford Drink – not a command, but perhaps a suggestion, with which the listed Off-Licences will help you comply.
- Speciality Shopping Online – An enormous world of choice is out there, and we make some special recommendations.
- Also available in this section is the distilled experience of our founder, who ate out for more than 60 years and had some helpful pointers for getting the most out of a restaurant meal.
- Pick Your Own – Our guide to selecting your own farm fresh produce in the open air.
- Gluten-free Oxford - A guide to what you can eat, where, for coeliacs and other people on special diets.
- Milk Delivery - How to get milk delivered in Oxford.
- Food and Drink Online – Your guide to online food shopping.
- British Afternoon Tea – Guide to where you can enjoy afternoon tea, listed by region.
- Epicurious – The world's greatest recipe collection.
- The Chef's Ladder – The Daily Info office loves this description of the kitchen workers' hierarchy.