Besides the usual High Street chains, Oxford has a wealth of quality independent restaurants, much-loved watering holes and legendary kebab vans - if you know where to look. Browse our lists of eateries, pubs, and local food guides to find out what's on offer.
Where to eat?
Where to buy?
- Farmers’ Markets – Oxford is singularly blessed by a profusion of farmers’ markets. Read market shoppers’ experiences on Daily Info’s Guide.
- Food Shopping in Oxford – includes lists of bakers, Delis, Supermarkets and providers of speciality foodstuffs in Oxford. Also includes details of local Organic Vegetable Box delivery schemes.
- Oxford Drink – not a command, but perhaps a suggestion, with which the listed Off-Licences will help you comply.
- Speciality Shopping Online – An enormous world of choice is out there, and we make some special recommendations.
- Also available in this section is the distilled experience of our founder, who ate out for more than 60 years and had some helpful pointers for getting the most out of a restaurant meal.
- Pick Your Own – Our guide to selecting your own farm fresh produce in the open air.
- Gluten-free Oxford - A guide to what you can eat, where, for coeliacs and other people on special diets.
- Milk Delivery - How to get milk delivered in Oxford.
- Food and Drink Online – Your guide to online food shopping.
- British Afternoon Tea – Guide to where you can enjoy afternoon tea, listed by region.
- Epicurious – The world's greatest recipe collection.